Thursday, November 3, 2011

Heavy


Amazing day, above is the final lift of my trap bar deadlifts, another huge feet of finally deadlifting 400 pounds

Trap Bar Deadlifts
135x10
220x5
260x3
310x3
330x3
350x1
380x1
400x1 (oh ya!)

Complex (1 Squat Clean + 2 Front Squats)
135
155
175
185
205
215

400 pound deadlift, even with the trap bar is a huge lift for me, one I didn't think possible for a while yet.  I used straps and the sets that weren't single were touch and go, but the singles are are simple as they get, just lift the damn weight.  I am not only happy about joining the 400 club, but happy with my form, my back stays nice and straight.  I felt strong on the lift, I hadn't intended on going for 400 until I completed the set of 330 for a triple, I then went right to 350 and had in my head 400 pounds.  Tim was doing his own workout and asked if I wanted a video of it, I hadn't intended on that either but this is a big pr for me.  The second part felt harder than I thought but I am happy with the weight I got up too, 215 on the last front squat was close to not making it, technically it's 3 total front squats.  Overall great workout.

I had to keep adding the weight on the bar, overall it's 3 45's per side and a 25 per side, plus the 80 pound bar equals an even 400 pounds.  I usually say my strength lies in the fast lifts (olympic lifts) and the slow lifts (deadlifts, squats) is where I struggle, while I still do I feel it's improving nicely.

3 comments:

  1. Great job on both lifts! I'm definitely going to go for 1 rep max trap bar deadlift next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah you actually will be tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed - weren't you wearing any shoes?

    ReplyDelete