Sunday, November 6, 2011

Olympic Lifting


Today was a crappy workout day and I think I know why.  My back was incredibly stiff but I decided to try and work up to a heavy power clean anyways, in that hopes that it would loosen up.  Had I had something higher repetitions it may have worked but this did not, and with my back so stiff it prevented me from generating any kind of real power which is why the weight I got up too was so low.

Power Cleans
135x5
155x3
175x3
195x2
205x1
215x1
225x0x0

I then tried some back squats with a measily 135 pounds and the weight wasn't too bad, but the stiffness in my back made me feel if I continued I would have hurt myself.  I normally wake up very stiff, I figure like most people, but on all days other than Sunday I get up and go to work, so moving around loosens me up and my workout doesn't come for hours after I wake up, today I worked out not too long after waking up...so my body never fully waked up.  The second reason is I have neglected stretching a bit, which I did after I realized today was better spent doing that.  In the past I always did my stretching on Sundays, but started doing weights this day as Monday was insanely busy, but stretching is a must for me.  Of all the amazing workouts and pr's I've hit recently, failing to clean 225 today isn't the end of the world, and I'll make up for it in no time.

1 comment: