Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pushing


My ass is making it hard to sit down, damn leg day yesterday, but at the same time feels good.  No timed thing today, felt like a change.

Decline Bench Press - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3..........185, 205, 215, 225, 235, 245

Incline DB Bench Press - 80s (5, 4, 4, 4), 70s (6)

Superset, both max reps
Push Presses - 135 (6, 5, 5, 5)
Dips - 9, 6, 5, 5

V-Bar Pushdowns - 8, 8, 8..........50, 60, 70(3, wow that dropped)
Machine Chest Fly - 8, 8, 8.......90, 100, 110(6)

The last set of decline bench press I asked for a spot, never attempted 245 before and 235 was close.  Eric's hands hovered over the bar, the third rep the bar slowed a lot halfway, his hands were on it but is convinced he didn't assist, so I will not put that the rep was assisted but next time this comes around I won't up the weight till I get 245 without anyone touching the bar.  Part 3 was different, push presses for me hit my triceps a lot, hense the such low numbers in my dips, but I haven't done them in so long I wanted to try again.  Overall it was a good workout.

6 comments:

  1. Re: that first sentence - great. That's what I have to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most likely, my quads are so so sore, but my glutes are painfully sore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I can forget Cindy on Thursday, then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. heh never let soreness stop you from a workout, that warrants a lot of bad names from me when people let soreness do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think I care about what you call me? It took a heroic struggle this morning just to put on my socks.

    You probably don't need to know this, but I've already warned Cheryl about touching my glutes for the rest of the week.

    My legs actually feel pretty good today, so not the usual battle with stairs after a punishing leg day with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hah don't worry I'd have the same warning, my quads aren't terribly sore, just my glutes and inner thigh.

    ReplyDelete