Saturday, April 23, 2011

Pulling


I wanted to lift something heavy, I had that feeling in me so I wanted to set a new pr in sumo deadlifts.  I had to stretch a little extra first my hips (glutes, inner thigh) were still sore from Thursday.

Sumo Deadlifts (starting from top) - 10, 5, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3........135, 185, 235, 245, 275, 295, 315, 315

Snatch Grip Deadlifts - 4x10......135, 135, 155, 155

3 Round, each for time of
10 Pullups
15 Kipping Pullups
1 minute rest between rounds
Times - 1:19, 2:31, 2:59.....Total - 6:49

Hamstring Curl - 90 (10, 10, 7)
Preacher Curl - 50 (8, 8, 6)

That felt good, first time doing 315 in a while, I felt strong on the lift and I kept good form I could feel it.  I believe I'll stick with sumos as the only type I will really go heavy on, from what I have read most people's sumo and conventional deadlift numbers are pretty equal, but for my body type (long limps) this type feels much more natural for me.  I guess I was in a deadlifting mood as I wanted to throw snatch grip deads in there again, which is pictured above.  Basically a conventional deadlift with a wider grip, forces you to squat down deeper I like them.  Part 3 was fun, man do pullups get hard fast, as the numbers indicate.  The rest seems short but still 75 pullups in under 7 minutes isn't too bad I think.  I actually thought my wrist wouldn't let me do the curls, as chinups are still a little sore, but it felt ok, at this point it's not the weight I hold (I couldn't feel it at all on the deads) but the rotation of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment