Thursday, April 21, 2011

Legs


Ah back at it with a leg day, I don't need my wrist for this particular kind of leg day anyways.  The above photo was posted as it's the kind of front squats I did on my first set (at 135), the rest were done with a cross armed grip.  I heard the pictured kind is more stable, I didn't agree so I'll stick with what I know.

Bulgarian Split Squats - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3.............115, 135, 145, 155, 165

Front Squats - 135(5), 185 (5, 5, 5, 5)

Back Squats - 135(10), 155 (10, 10, 10, 10)

Single Leg-Leg Extension - 3x10.........95

Clearly this was a more strength focussed leg workout, as I mentioned I was going to do in my last post, felt good and loved having a full leg day again.  The BSS got pretty heavy to the end but I made sure I got all the way down.  The front squats felt heavy too but I kept solid form.  The back squats were tough to get 10 by the final sets, I rested less between these sets.  I forgot to do calves today for some reason, I'll make sure I get to them next leg workout.

2 comments:

  1. heh look at my last few leg days, calves are paired with leg extensions to finish off the routines, today I just forgot.

    ReplyDelete