Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Posterior Chain



Felt like doing some posterior chain work, just for the hell of it.

DB Russian Swings
70x10
75x10
80x10
85x10
90x10

Deadlifts (all sets resetting)
225x5
275x3
315x3
345x1
365x1
385x1
405x1

I have never gone for a heavier ish set of swings before, using a dumbbell is a little uncomfortable on the hands but I actually didn't mind going a bit heavy.  The last set with the 90 was pretty tough but I probably could have gone heavier, if I choose to do this again and I max out at the 100 then I'll switch to crossfit style swings and not russian.  The deadlift was the first time I have gone for a heavy single in a while, I wanted to test it 2 ways.  I have never gone heavier with conventional that 405 when not using straps, so I wanted to see if I could match it despite not focussing on max strength lately, and I wanted to see if I could do it while not fresh.  405 started to slip, but I clearly locked it out using a mixed grip, so that was good I could walk back up to my old strength number and still complete it.  Secondly, the swings are also a posterior chain movement, but I still got to that 4 plates a side number.  Good workout!

2 comments:

  1. Shit, I only just got to 3 plates per side - I'll never catch up with you! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still not my max, well 445 is my max with sumo, which is 4 plates plus 2 10's on each side.

    ReplyDelete