Sunday, January 15, 2012

Birthday Conditioning

Me, regaining my thoughts
Birthday workout again, the only thing related in this workout was the total number of squat cleans, everything else was to make it harder, and boy did it ever.  I felt off today, winded quicker than usual, I had that chest burning dry cough afterwards, so this workout was not fun at all.

4 Rounds for time
6 Squat Cleans - 185
10 Kipping Pullups
10 Burpees
10 KB Swings - 24 kg
10 Bench Supported Lateral Hops - 30 inches (10 total)
Time: 25:20

And my time seems to reflect that, I've never done this workout before but that feels very slow.  The swings and lateral hops weren't too bad, never broken, the burpees turned into slow motion and sucked badly, the pullups were broken after round 1 but not as bad as the burpees.  The squat cleans killed me, I figured 185 would feel heavy but they took the life out of me, very tough.  I got a video of the first and last round on my youtube channel, and you'll notice I take some longer than usual breaks on that 4th rounds of squat cleans, while I maybe could have gone I didn't want to risk any failed reps as that would have added more to my time.  I was done after this, nothing left so I called it a day.

3 comments:

  1. It might sound strange because you were obviously training indoors, but I often find I get out of breath easily while training on very cold days like yesterday. No idea why or if the weather is truly the cause, but I think there might be some kind of correlation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That could very well be it, I do have asthma after all and at times I notice it but this time I noticed it more than anything. It almost seemed like the heater was on at the gym, which some clients have commented on, ah well I got through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I've felt the intermittent heat blast in that corner!

    ReplyDelete