Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Full Body ish


Because my actual Birthday will potentially be too busy to workout (so my friends say) I decided to do something different, do smaller routines birthday inspired up till the day, first one was today, deadlifts :).

For time
24 Deadlifts - 315
Time - 5:24

Squat Cleans (touch and go)
135x3
155x3
175x3
185x3
195x3

For the deadlifts I wanted to move as fast as possible, so I opted for straps.  The sets broke down into 8-7-6-3, and were touch and go.  My hamstrings and lower back were burning, I was actually happy with doing this that fast, I rested maybe a bit too long between sets but the weight was heavy so I didn't want to take too many breaks and make use of the touch and go, which I did, good thing I am only turning 24.  The squat cleans I have done this way before and wanted to see if I could match my weight the last time.  Last time I started with them, the deadlifts fatiqued me so matching it would be good and I did.  195 felt heavy for the 3 reps too, but was happy with overall workout.

3 comments:

  1. Well, this is a load of B.S.! How come you get away with birthday workouts spread over several days, and I get this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, this will be multiple birthday workouts spread out over several days, not just one :)

    ReplyDelete