Monday, March 18, 2013

Upper Body



I don't think I'd normally be sore after that workout, 50 deadlifts at 115 may sound like a lot, but nothing I haven't done, maybe not in a while though.  But my erector spinae and quads are pretty sore, gladly lower back is fine.

Alternate sets
Incline Bench Press
115x8
135x8
155x8
175x5

Single Arm DB Row
65x8
75x8
80x8
85x8

5 Rounds for time
10 Pullups
20 Pushups
Time: 10:11

Alternate Sets
Overhead Tricep Extensions
Cable Curls
Don't remember weight on this pairing

I am happy with the bench press, that's two reps up from last time, and I was distracted as someone was trying to talk to me too.  I also really focus on strict form on the rows.  I liked the pullup/pushup thing, I've done it many times in the past, and while my fastest time is under 10 minutes that's fresh, last time I did it I did something almost identical to what i did today and was 20 seconds faster this time, nice!  Good upper workout, and while my back feels back to normal I was advised to take however long it took for the pain to disappear and double that for my actual healing time.  I think I'll listen this time, so one more weak of being careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment