Thursday, March 7, 2013

Upper Body and injury



I managed a decent upper body workout yesterday, only to have a little accident happen this morning.

Incline DB Bench Press
60sx6
70sx6
80sx5
85sx5
90sx3 (i think)

Decline Bench Press
185x5
185x5
205x5
205x4 (would have attempted 5 if I had spotter)

DB Shoulder Press
50sx6
55sx6
60sx5

Then some stretching.  Felt decent and ready for the open, the first workout isn't up my alley but whatever I could still try.  Then this morning, while helping an older neighbour check something on his roof (I went up so he didn't half too) I slipped and fall off, landing right on my back, or more my one glute.  While I landed on some snow, the impact was pretty jarring and at first I didn't even think I could stand.  I managed to get up to my feet on my own, but my back is kind of messed up, the pop sound I heard may have been my spine or the impact, not entirely sure.  Right now typing this it's kind of uncomfortable to walk or sit for too long.  My back feels like a spasm, so while it hurts it's nothing serious, I'm getting checked out tomorrow to make sure nothing is broken but I don't think anything is.  The anger part comes from this preventing me from doing the open, well the first wod atleast.  I hope it heels quickly and I can do the rest of them, but not this one.  Ah well shit happens, hoping to a quick recovery.

1 comment:

  1. Holy shit, that sounds bad. Hope the check up doesn't reveal anything serious.

    ReplyDelete