Saturday, March 23, 2013

Legs mostly



Prowler again, my god no wonder my clients hate this device.

Prowler, walking (1 set equals two trips across gym)
90x1 sets
180x1 sets
270x1 set
315x1 set

Superset
Back Squats (just below parallel) - 135x6, 155x6, 185x6
Box Jumps - 3x6 at roughly 37 inches

3 minute total plank

I cannot express how much the prowler hurts, this time I did walking prowler and my god does it hurt, my legs just fire up and the pump you get is ridiculous I could hardly squat the empty bar afterwards because they were so swollen.  I took a mini break when I got to the one end, more making each two feel like two.  The 270, what nearly killed me last time was hard, but because of the break at either end I added another 45 to make it 315, that one was horribly painful, each trip felt like I wasn't going to make it.  The back squats was mainly to test it out, first time back squatting since my injury, all sets were pretty light, although the prowler made them feel heavier.  Pairing them with box jumps is a fun pairing, the box I think is around 37 inches, it's the highest one the gym has.  I suck at planks, but was informed they help with spine health, so I can't hate them and there variations.  Great workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment