Monday, March 4, 2013

Full Body



I bought some new shoes, proper weightlifting shoes, or olympic lifting shoes.  I have heard people say that make a big difference on the two lifts.  Today I broke them out for the first time and tested out some squats.

Front Squats
135x5
165x5
185x5
205x5
225x4

Overheard Squats
45x5
45x5
45x6
65x5
85x3

100 Pushups

Wow what a difference the shoes made.  I couldn't even overhead squat an empty bar without my heels elevated by a bumper plate, and adding weight was not going to happen.  Today the bar fell effortless, I was warmed up from the front squats but everytime in the past I attempted overhead squats I really warmed up.  I even added weight, the 65 felt pretty easy too and the only reason I stopped at 3 reps at 85 was because of my wrists, they'll just need to get used to such an awkward grip.  It's a poor leg developer do to the light weight, but it's a good mobility exercise and very popular crossfit move, plus it just looks cool.  With proper and consistent training I should be able to get to 100 pounds in no time.  The front squats were good but shit that 4th rep on the last set hurt like a bitch, I thought my ass was going to explode.  I have been having some glute and lower back stiffness lately, it's getting a little unnerving so I may rest it a bit incase the open requires it, which it almost for sure will.  Pushups were for fun.

6 comments:

  1. Out of interest, what type of Oly shoes did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.roguecanada.ca/rogue-weightlifting-shoes.php

    So far happy with purchase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reviews seem extremely positive, too. Have you only tested them with squats so far?

      Delete
  3. So far just this workout here, I'm curious how they affect my olympic liftings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be interested to learn how they affect your deadlifts. Even though my Nikes have a small heal, I still feel more balanced deadlifting in my socks.

      Delete
  4. I don't see myself using them for deadlifts, I prefer the socks only for that also. I plan on using them for all types of squats, and all olympic lifting movements.

    ReplyDelete