Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Leg Conditioning


Eric and a fellow female trainer wanted to try the prowler, the death device, it lived up to it's name.

Prowler, fast (1 set equals 2 trips across gym)
90x1 set
90x1 set
180x1 set
270x1 set (I almost died here)
135x1 set dragging backwards with trx bands

Overhead Squat Practise
worked up to 3 sets of 5 with 65, felt smooth, also did some hang squat snatches.

That set at 270 nearly killed me, my legs locked up something fierce, I fell over afterwards and needed some time to recover.  The set at 135 dragged backwards was all legs, breathing was fine but damn my legs had nothing to give, for something so simple it just kills you.  With the overhead squats it was again my wrist that slowed me down, I may need to wear straps or keep working on it but I'm still glad it wasn't any issue with flexibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment