Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mostly Legs

Brent Hayden - Mid shot reaction to winning Bronze for Canada
One exercise cut short as I tried to play it safe.

Power Cleans (tough and go)
135x5
155x5
175x5
195x3
205x3

LB Back Squats
135x5
135x5
185x5
225x5
255x1 (stopped there)

Weighted Situps
40x10
50x10
60x10

I think on the last set of power cleans at 205 I used every muscle my ass has, it hurt like a bitch afterwards, but 205 for 3 unbroken reps is a personal record too.  The low bar back squats I cut short, almost as if I pulled something in my glute I wasn't able to recruit those muscles to assist me in the lift, which is very important on LBBS, so it seemed to place the load on my quads, which is good, and my back, which felt bad.  I decided to stop with memories of my old back injury, which hasn't come up in a while, come flooding back to me.  Sitting here typing this my glutes are still feeling it, and instead of doing front squats or HBBS which require less glutes, I decided to do some abs in a desparate attempt to rid myself of that weakness.  Of course my weakness in high rep ab work, not weighted ones, so I didn't do much to correct that haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment