Sunday, August 19, 2012

Legs and power


A leg and power day, one of the more painful days.

Power Snatch
95x5
115x3
135x1x1x1
145x1x1x1

HB Back Squats
135x10
165x10
185x5
205x5
225x3
245x2
265x1

Box Jumps Holding two 12kg Kettlebells
24 inches x5
26 inches x5
28 inches x5

The power snatches are written out a bit different, the first two were tough and go, I wanted to get up to weight quickly.  The other sets were resetting, sometimes resting almost a full set between reps (more so at the 145), and other times just a few second.  The snatch frustrates me because it's so technical, if I make one mistake it can throw off my entire lift and I either fail or pressout.  Sometimes when everything clicks the right away the lift almost feels easy, 145 was mostly good, the first one being a clear pressout.  The back squats I kept hamstring to calf and high bar, wanting to just lift heavy.  I didn't push any set to absolute failure, I was curious what I could squat for a single, 265 I must admit was on the light side for a 1RM, it was pretty quic, but I've never gone for a 1RM on HBBS only low bar.  The box jumps were fun, my legs has less juice in them, but it felt great for my second workout back.

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying snatches for the same reason - the technical aspect. Usually, failure or lack of progress would be frustrating, but I know how difficult it is to master. I don't care about the weight so much, just the elegance (if that' the right word), like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha cept being elegant on the lift isn't so easy.

    ReplyDelete