Thursday, August 23, 2012

Heavy metcon for legs


Decided to try another heavy metcon that is practically all legs and hip drive, this one also from the same guy who gave me the one I did on July 28th.

4 Rounds for time
4 Front Squats - 205 (from floor, no rack or stands allowed)
4 Deadlifts - 315
After 4 rounds complete, do 50 Russian KB Swings - 24 kg
Time - 14:53

Drop Set
Weighted Situps, first set with 50 lbs added, second with 25 lbs added
10-6, 10-6, 10-6

Well, that was fucking brutal, like seriously what the hell is wrong this guy who's designing these haha.  This is one of the harder workouts I've done recently with a timed component.  The deadlifts were heavy, but I knoe 315 in timed components it's not out of the this world, but the front, son of a bitch that is why it was hard.  Even worse was having to clean it each time, so I rested a bit longer between movements so I didn't have to do any extra cleans, every set was unbroken for the squats yet every rep per set (minus the first one) felt like it could be my last, I think I blacked out on the last rep in the last round.  These put together was simple torture, the deadlifts made the cleans harder, and it all made squatting harder.  Even with the relatively light swings at the end my hips and legs had barely anything left I had to resort to using a lot of my back.  This simply hurt, badly, but at the same time was awesome when I finished.  The situps were random but burned pretty good, short workout but hammered my legs into submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment