Saturday, August 4, 2012

Heavy Metcon

Not just a pretty face - Jessica Ennis, winner of 2012 Olympic Heptathlon
Another metcon with an emphasis on a heavy lift like last weeks.

5 Rounds for time
3 Power Snatches - 135
5 Box Jumps holding 12kg kettlebells - 24 inches
7 Handstand Pushups
Time: 11:57

GHD Situps - 3x10

I liked that one too it was fun, it seems my snatches were strongest at the beginning (duh) and at the end, the middle struggled a bit but I avoided pressouts by the end.  The box jumps holding the weights is a brande new way to do that exercise.  It definately adds a new component to it, they were obviously much tougher than box jumps would typically be at that height.  The handstand pushups were broken after round 2, I wonder if that one will ever not be a weakness....freakin long ass frame.  Fun workout though!

Round 1 and 5 can be seen here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGRVh7_vlxo&list=UUY76daDPRwJx9guouwnll4A&index=1&feature=plcp

2 comments:

  1. Looks like Canada had a golden day at the Olympics yesterday, too. You came first on the trampoline. And yes, I'm laughing while I type this.

    Box jumps with kettlebells; is this something I have to look forward to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah potentially, it forced me to go slower, 24 inches was still kind of low, but it was a nice challenge.

    ReplyDelete