Friday, August 22, 2014

Legs


This didn't really fitt with my program, but Brett and Josh were doing some cleans so I decided to join.

Squat Cleans (all resetting)
95x3
135x3
155x3
185x2
switched to power cleans
205x2
225x0 (spectacular fail)
195x1
205x1
225x1

Front Squats
115x5
165x3
185x3
205x3
225x3

A couple things, I switched to power cleans because my back felt weird, not like it was hurt, but my one erector simply felt uncomfortable, the cleans that followed and squats were all fine, so clearly nothing injured.  The fail however, could have been bad.  My gym has a stupid policy that the weights cannot be dropped, but I should have bailed as I have plenty of exposure of how to bail safely.  Because I partially tried to save it, but 225 was too heavy for that, I dropped the weight onto my one quad and am now sporting a massive bruise, ah well it could have been worse.  I am happy however to have gotten it afterwards, and it actually felt pretty easy but I didn't want to risk it.  I was still recovering from my leg workout Wednesday, but this was still fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment