Sunday, January 27, 2013

Upper Body



I knew my arms and chest would have less strength to them from yesterday, 60 pushups and burpees and swings is going to tire your chest and shoulders, but I was heading to the gym so decided to continue my program, chest and biceps day.

DB Bench Press
65sx10
70sx10
75sx10
80xs8

21 Style Dips
7-7-3, 4-4-4, 4-4-4

Tension DB Flies
40sx10
42sx10
45sx10

Preacher Curl - 50x10, 70x10, 10

For the bench press I placed a 25 pound plate under the one end to make it a slight decline, said to work the chest more and take some of the stress off of the shoulders, I didn't notice a difference.  The dips surprised me at first.  21 style is simple, the first number is the top half, the second is the bottom half, and the third is a full range of motion.  When I tried 7 for each portion I could only muster 3 at the end, so I dropped to 4 and it was rightfully difficult but completed at each stage.  Good workout!

2 comments:

  1. What are the top and bottom half of the dips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top half is only going to parallel, bottom half is from the bottom up to parallel. I don't know if I'd recommend this style for you as have bothered your shoulder before and this technique requires one to go all the way down.

    ReplyDelete