Thursday, July 19, 2012

Legs

Lucas Parker - He's actually 22

Leg day, which is an odd choice because they are still sore from Tuesday.

Pause Front Squats
165x2
185x2
205x2
225x2
245x2

For time
50 Back Squats - 135
Time: 5:13

Alternate Sets
Leg Extension - 140x12, 170x12, 200x12
Hamstring Curl - 70x12, 80x12, 90x12

This was a painful leg day.  I needed some extra time to warmup as my glutes were still decently sore, freakin lunges.  I tried making bigger jumps in the pause front squats to get up to the weight quicker, sometimes I feel i waste energy at the lower weights because I do too many sets at them.  Last time I did this I got up to 235 in 6 sets, today I got a 10 pound pr in 5 sets which I feel is a good success.  The weight at 245 wasn't easy though, the second rep recruited a lot more than just my legs, my traps and all around my core had to work, almost felt like the core was going to lock up, luckily it did not.  The 50 back squats I wanted to be more of a sprint style workout, and it was fun, but sprint style leg workouts hurt like a bitch.  I was happy that I got to 25 reps before taking a break, then a set of 15 and finished off with 10, the bar was on my back for nearly 2 minutes before I set it down.  I got a feeling I'll be sore tomorrow.

The set at 245 can be seen here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui_g96lpSEs&feature=plcp

7 comments:

  1. During the first event - the triathlon - Lucas Parker came out of the water after the swim, stripped off completely naked so he could towel off, then put on shorts for the bike ride and run. He didn't want to have sand and other sea detritus rubbing him during the rest of the race, so he removed his swimming gear in full view of the public! In the post-show roundup, Pat Sherwood referred to it as "The Parker Incident". Thankfully, there haven't been any pictures posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah i did hear that actually, too bad it was him and not one of the girls lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing my luck, it would have been Kristin Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well in my head it'll be Foucher, Annie T, Camille and Stacie Tovar!!

    ReplyDelete