Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Full Body

I don't care if it's gay...those legs are fucking huge

Quicker full body day compared to yesterday, and much higher reps.  Legs were flipping sore so took a bit longe to warm up on the deads.

Deadlifts - 3x15......225

Incline DB Bench Press
55sx12
65sx12
75sx10

Lat Pulldowns
120x12
130x12
140x10

There are times when I feel my fitness should be higher, my numbers should be greater than what they are considering how long I've been working out with weights.  But then I remember where I started, I was weak as shit, couldn't even bench press 100 pounds and that was AFTER working out for months.  Some people can never lift a weight and walk into a gym and load 135+ on a lot of lifts and start there, I wasn't one of them.  I remember that after almost a year of working out at home I went to the gym and started with the 25s for flat DB bench press, I tried the 30s but couldn't get 10.  Today with an incline I was able to get 10 reps with the 75s, so when I put it into perspective I got nothing to complain about.  Don't ask me why I thought of this after todays workout, maybe getting 3 sets of 15 with 225 deads without straps was part of it, as that did make me happy, but maybe it's just completely random....my guess is the latter.

5 comments:

  1. That's exactly how I feel! Remember my first push-ups?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember your head bonking off the floor once too haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly, finesse isn't one of my strong suits, as my toes-to-bar illustrated at the weekend.

      Delete
  3. or watching you swat at the pullup bar after I said to do the burpees with a reach overhead.

    ReplyDelete