Saturday, July 28, 2012

Heavy Metcon

Want to fuck with him.....I don't
Tried a heavy meton today I got from the crossfit forums, someone posted it in a section where they post nothing but workouts like this.  It was fun and different.

5 Rounds for time
1 Deadlift - 385
10 Handstand Pushups
20 Double Unders
Time: 13:16

GHD Situps - 3x10

This workout took longer than it looks because warming up to the 385 deadlift took more time than usual.  The workout ended up being mostly about the handstand pushups and I thought it would.  The first round was unbroken but it stopped after that, they always fatigue quickly.  The deadlift, which you'll see in the video, was heavy, and my form was decent, I think the camera angle makes it look worse than it really was, freaking running out of room on the bar because I used all bumper plates.  I was slightly worried going in it would be too heavy as it's too close to my max, roughly 90%, it wasn't easy but stayed pretty consistent.  The double unders were the easy one, i tripped up once on a set, all the rest was unbroken.  I even failed a rep on the handstand pushups and that's rare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-YNsIi7veQ&list=UUY76daDPRwJx9guouwnll4A&index=1&feature=plcp

No comments:

Post a Comment