Sunday, December 18, 2011

Full Body


This workout was actually done last night

Time to tackle another heavy crossfit workout, this one being the third and it did make me slightly nervous.

5 Rounds for time
7 Deadlifts - 315
21 Double Unders
Time: 11:42

Rack Front Squats (11 holes)
155x3
175x3
185x3
195x3
205x3

The rack front squats were a new exercise, doing something strength focussed after a metcon wasn't as bad as I thought, at first I didn't like it, but as the weight got heavy I could feel it pretty well.  I knew this would be lighter than my actual front squat, as this style takes away the stretch reflex.  Each rep starts on the bottom, and you reset each time.  I did a practise set at 12 holes high, felt too high though, 11 looked low for my height but it worked well.  The deadlift and double under workout was hard, I felt very stiff going into it for some reason.  I didn't use straps, instead opting for a mixed grip and bumpers so it allowed me to drop the weight, my grip was the limitting factor.  I feel my form suffered a bit, but the deads were all that was really hard, the double unders winded me a bit but were only broken when I tripped up.  Overall good workout.

The first and last round of the deadlift/double under workout is on my youtube channel, as well as all the sets of the front squats.

http://www.youtube.com/user/paul771771

5 comments:

  1. Nice view of your skivvies! Mastering a skipping rope is one of New Year's resolutions. By the way, you left your rope on the window ledge. I was at the gym Sunday morning and saw it there.

    And why the hell does the gym always look like a ghost town when you train? It's not fair! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol didn't you notice the lack of music playing? This workout was done at 6:30 last night, long after the gym was closed, I didn't feel like listening to Christmas music so I left the radio off. One benefit I have of working at the gym.

    And thank god I was wearing compression shorts...could have been a bad thing there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mastering regular skipping, or mastering double unders?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANY type of skipping! It's about time I learned this basic skill.

    The one thing that pisses me off at the gym is the radios station. Same bloody songs all the time! While editing my videos - which were obviously shot on different days over a period of a few weeks - I've noticed the same songs in the background.

    I trained today about 11:00am and there weren't many people around, so it made things easier for me.

    You think exposing your compression shorts is any less embarrassing? :-) And I was worried about my toes sticking out of my holey socks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya there's a reason I left the radio off this time, hard to get into the zone with Adam Sandler's version on Hanuka on there.

    I dont care about exposing my compression shorts, someone else watching might though.

    ReplyDelete