Thursday, December 8, 2011

Full Body


First workout back after a little lay off, why I decided to do something so hard I don't know, actually I do know.  Last time I did death by deadlifts I got 11 rounds plus 5 reps, which totalled 71 reps but that was with 225.  Today I decided to make it harder and try the same routine with 315, I was expecting it to hurt.

Death By Deadlifts at 315
7 Rounds plus 7 reps

Front Squats
135x5
155x5
175x5
195x5
215x5

Holy shit that was hard, and it got my heart rate up quite a bit too, I used a mix grip at the beginning then used straps to keep going as I didn't want my grip to get in the way.  I am used to lifting heavy and I'm used to trying to do something while winded but combining the 2 sucks, I fear my form suffered but a client said it wasn't too bad.  The most limitting part was actually my hamstrings, they were burning like crazy.  That totals 35 reps at 315 pounds, which I am happy with, as this was a timed thing I did touch and go, not resetting.  The last time I went for 5 heavy reps on front squats I got to 205, 215 was pushing it my elbows dropped but it was my upper back fatiguing from the deadlifts, still a pr though.  Good workout!

I am wanting to keep my strength work up, but I also want to do some heavy metcons, the death by deadlifts at 315 is a perfect example of a heavy metcon.  It was short, but heavy and intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment