Monday, December 26, 2011

Legs and Core

We are meant to squat, even from the beginning

Back into it, elbow still not behaving, different from what it felt like before this simply feels like a minor strain, so time will heal it.  Lifting the weights I have gotten too comes with its territory, injuries may happen but it doesn't mean I can't workout at all.  Today I wanted to try a front squat and back squat super set with the same weight, it got heavy by the end.

Front Squat - Back Squat
155x 3-3
175x 3-3
195x 3-3
215x 3-3
225x 3-3

For time
50 Weighted Situps - 25 pounds
50 Situps
Time - 7:18

I can still do legs and core.  I rather liked that pairing, going right from one to next with the same weight.  I can back squat more than I can front squat (but not by much), so the first one makes the second harder.  The last sets at 215 and 225 were close on both, good leg pairing.  The abs part was hard, they started cramping up a bit on the weighted portion, which took just under 5 minutes I think, the rest going much quicker, abs burned.  Good workout while my elbow heals!

The front squat and back squat sets can be found on my youtube channel.

2 comments:

  1. Nice squat routine - I'll be stealing that!

    And love the picture :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go ahead, the front squats I predict will be the limitting part over the back squats for you.

    ReplyDelete