Saturday, December 10, 2011

Random

No workout today, I was sore as hell after that death by deadlifts at 315 and front squat workout, my hamstrings, erector spinae, and traps were sore to the touch.  I thought I'd post this article, it outlines something that gets on my nerves in the gym....people who assume there style of training is superior to others.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sex_news_sports_funny_grok/battle_of_the_strength_sports

It talks about the pros and cons of bodybuilding, powerlifting, olympic lifting, strongman training, and even crossfit.  People constantly get stuck in the mindset that the style of training they are on is superior to others, which is simply untrue, no one style is the best each have there benefits based on an individuals goals.  I oddly seem to have combined a powerlifting and olympic lifting style of training of my own....with crossfit showing it's face from time to time, but I altered the crossfit stuff to be more strength focussed.  It's a good read (if anything, read the pros and cons list and try not to laugh at any of them).

Tomorrow I plan on tackling another heavy crossfit workout, with my new strength gains I want to test it by seeing if I can tackle most of the heavy workouts crossfit has without scaling.  Even if I am slow, they are workout I would have first looked at and thought "I can't even complete that".

No comments:

Post a Comment