Sunday, December 11, 2011

Full Body


Mixed workout results.  I reset my power clean, trying to focus on better form as when I did the 245 power clean and split jerk, I did not like my form on the power clean.  Today I focussed on dropping lower to catch the bar.

Power Cleans
135x3
155x3
185x2
205x1
215x1
225x1
235x1
245x0x0

'Freddy's Revenge
5 Rounds for time
5 Shoulder to Overhead - 185
10 Burpees
Time: 14:16

I have power cleaned 245 before, but I did not like my form, my one leg darted out to the side and I didn't catch the bar with my upper arms straight.  Today I focussed on fixing both of those, and while I failed twice at 245, my form at 235 was better than it was in the past, so I am not too disappointed I couldn't match my previous best.  The second part was a workout I looked at years ago and thought "damn no way I could even complete that."  With my new found strength gains I decided to give it a go, every person I have seen do this workout have a higher jerk than I do, but what the hell even if I am slow who cares.  I did complete it, slow, but completed which feels amazing.  The first round was all push jerks, the second and maybe third round started with push jerks then all the other reps became split jerks.  It killed my shoulders, breathing was up but not too bad, that 185 got flipping heavy.  If you want to see others perform this workout, and learn where it got it's name, go to the crossfit journal and type Freddy's Revenge, Pat Barber and Khalipa, as well as the man pictured above all complete this.  I am very pleased I can say I am strong enough to complete this.

Videos of the power clean sets and the first and last round of Freddy's Revenge can be found on youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/paul771771?feature=watch

2 comments:

  1. Bloody hell - at the end your arms are so pumped they look like they belong to someone else! Great job. I need to get back into burpees again, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, today it's oddly only my triceps that are sore. Burpees you couldn't do before because of your hip, but that's back to normal it seems so they shouldn't be an issue.

    ReplyDelete