Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Olympic and core


Once again, no intention of going for a pr turning into lets go for a pr, I was distracted today and not feeling all there but decided to try it anyways.  Here's how it went.

Clean and Jerk (squat clean)
135x3
155x3
175x2
185x2
205x1
215x1
225x1
235x1
250x0 (failed on jerk, but pr on clean)

Hollow Rocks - 4x15........15 on all sets

The video is the set at 235, last time I did these I got 245 completed, with that in my head, and only wanting to do one more set I went right to 250, which would also be a pr on squat cleans.  I completed the clean, and was surprised at my form they definately have gotten better I felt much more powerful today, but then failed on the jerk which was disappointing knowing what my pr on the jerk is and usually my strength.  I was focussing on the cleans so much I didn't put the same effort into the jerk and that's why I failed as I know I am strong enough to make this lift.  I was close too, my right arm made it, but the left arm did not and despite my struggles to press it up that's just too much weight.  My elbow has been bothering me lately too, only since the true pushups, so maybe that was partly why as it was the same arm that couldn't lock out.....next time.  Either way it's still a pr on cleans and much better and more powerful form on them too.  Hollow rocks are painful, those last 2 sets were close to not making 15, last time I got 12 so glad to get 15 on all 4 sets.

The set above and the set at 250 where I failed are on my youtube.  Good thing there was no volume, as a very loud "fuck" left my mouth after the fail, the gym wasn't exactly empty either.

2 comments:

  1. Take it easy on the elbow! You don't want that flaring up again.

    I've never let a full gym put me off uttering expletives. I'm sure I've scared off some people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah it wasn't intentional, just sort of slipped out.

    I definately did something to my elbow, it was on that second set where the weight caved from my arm buckling....lifting weights like this comes with it's territory. I'll recover eventually lol, may not see too much on here till christmas ish time as I decided absolute rest for it is best (a vet's advice).

    ReplyDelete