Sunday, December 4, 2011

Conditioning

Chris Speal on an 235 Push Jerk
Conditioning, I've oddly missed it, but with all my strength improvements not too much.  This is a workout created by Jason Khalipa and also completed by Chris Speal, and tough as hell.

For time
1 Clean and Jerk - 155
1 Round of Cindy
2 Clean and jerks - 155
1 Round of Cindy
3 Clean and Jerks - 155
1 Round of Cindy
4 Clean and Jerks - 155
1 Round of Cindy
5 Clean and Jerks - 155
1 Round of Cindy
6 Clean and Jerks - 155
1 Round of Cindy
7 Clean and Jerks - 155
1 Round of Cindy
8 Clean and Jerks - 155
1 Round of Cindy
9 Clean and Jerks - 155
1 Round of Cindy
10 Clean and Jerks - 155
1 Round of Cindy
Cindy= 5 Kipping Pullups, 10 Pushups, 15 Squats
Time: 36:36

Wow that certainly sucked, the weight got heavy on those clean and jerks for sure but with the lack of conditioning done over the past couple months it was more my lungs the weight wasn't too bad, but I knew that going in so it's not like it surprised me.  I have a video of the last round of clean and jerks and the bodyweight stuff, it shows that fatigued affected my form on the starting position of the cleans and oddly my bodyweight squats, but my range of motion was fine.  This workout totals 55 clean and jerks, almost twice as much as grace and 20 pounds heavier, plus 50 pullups, 100 pushups and 150 squats, ya it hurt.  Does this mean I am going to go back into a more conditioning style routine, or at least do them on a regular basis, I don't know my strength numbers still aren't where I'd like them, but we will see.  This is good news as well because my elbow felt fine the entire time, my shoulders, grip and definately legs were shot, but nothing compared to my lungs.

With all the lifting from the floor I do, I may give a little rest to my body, I haven't taken one in a bit, we will see how my body feels.

4 comments:

  1. Holy shit - I watched the video, but didn't realise how many rounds there were. That's a great time, considering you think you've missed out on conditioning. It's the first time I've seen you look like I feel during a metcon; you know, the "why the fuck am I doing this to myself?" look. More often than not, because of your programming :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah thanks, and many times did I have the look of "son of a bitch why did I do this", I had that thought too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How's your rest going? Is it making a difference?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was painfull sore after that workout, but I plan on starting up tomorrow, like usual after a rest time, I am always itching to drag myself back into the gym to lift something heavy.

    ReplyDelete