Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Arms


Today the workout was out of my control, I worked out with one of the trainers, Brett, in what we called "broing out".  It was an arm day, one that he designed, this arm day was purely bodybuilding style with the supersets and extended sets, way different than my usual max weight work.  I knew it was going to hurt.

Superset
Weighted Chinups - 50lbsx5, 5, 5, 5, 5
Incline Curls - 25sx10, 10, 8, 7, 6

R-Band Dips - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6
Overhead Rope Extension - 37.5x12, 12, 10, 10, 10

1 Minute Neutral Grip Pullup - 30 seconds up, 30 seconds down, 1 rep and 1 set (didn't quite finish)

30 second Isometric Tricep Pushdown - drop weight and rep out 20 reps.

Okay, that hurt like a bitch.  The weighted chin-ups was in my ally, but pairing it with incline curls was brutal, the weight wasn't overly heavy but damn that burned like mad.  The second paring with the resistance band dips started off so so, I had to make it harder by using 5 bands, again this one is more my speed, the rope extensions burned quickly.  The last two were random things I've never tried.  The 1 minute pullup with a neutral grip was agonizing, I couldn't even finish I dropped off at about 20 seconds on the descent.  The pushdown wasn't as painful in comparison, but still pretty damn painful.  Fun workout, considering my wheelhouse is strength and interval work, this was a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment