Sunday, August 25, 2013

Legs


Goblet Squats (just below parallel)
60x10
70x10
80x10
90x10
100x10

Leg Press
90x10
270x10
450x10

Jump Lunges - 3x15 per leg

Hip Thrusts - 3x10.....95

Different but still fun leg day with a friend, well she did her thing but we stayed together.  The heaviest I have ever gone on goblet squats is 95, so 100 is a pr.  When the weight gets heavy on this exercise my core really needs to activate to keep me from caving.  The new exercise was the hip thrusts.  I hear so many good things about this exercise I figure to give it a shot, my glutes burned like crazy from it, at only 95 pounds too so I may try this again, it does look odd but having strong glutes can play an important role in so many other leg exercises, especially the big two (squats and deads).  Here are two people doing weights that make me believe they have glutes of steel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7V9_6ct-dI

1 comment:

  1. I would really loved to try that exercise thing for the leg, thanks for it. And hey! Are you searching for a good and experienced personal trainer? No Excuse Fitness gym is at your service, you can check out their website noexcusefitness.com or you can contact them on (949) 313-4034 for the details just in case you wan to get their services.

    ReplyDelete