Thursday, June 30, 2011

Gorilla Training


Today I decided to give Jason's class a try, a fellow personal training, I believe it's called gorilla training, it certainly was tough but a lot of fun too, a bunch of us out there.

Ball Slams, 15 pound med ball - 1 minute
Ball Throws. 15 pound med ball - 1 minute
rest 1 minute
Russian Kettlebell Swings, 20 kg - 1 minute
Kettlebell Thrusters, 20 kg - 1 minute
rest 1 minute
Parachute Sprints - 2 minutes
rest 1 minute
Tire Rope Pulls - 2 minutes
rest 1 minute
Bag Sprints - 2 minutes
rest 1 minute
Wind Mills with some weird tube thing - 1 minute
Toss and straight arm catch - 1 minute
rest 1 minute
Sledge Hammer Strikes - 1 minute
Box Jumps onto tire - 1 minute
rest 1 minute
TRX Pushups - 1 minute
TRX Inverted Rows - 1 minute
rest 1 minute
Travelling Lunges, 45 pounds - 1 minute
Broad Jumps, 45 pounds - 1 minute
rest 1 minute
Tire Flips - 2 minutes

I dont know the weight of the tires but it was a fun class, very tough, I never counted any reps just gave it my all.  The bag sprints were without a doupt the hardest one, the tire flips had my ass and hamstrings lit up.  One person showed up late so to go with her a few of us stuck around and did 3 extra rounds, mine were as follows;

Ball Slams - 1 minute
Kettlebell Swings - 1 minute
rest 1 minute
Bag Sprints - 2 minutes (might as well do the hardest again)
rest 1 minute
Sprints with Eric - 2 minutes

On the sprints with Eric I thought I might pass out, he said he thought he was going to throw up, quite the trainers we aree, either way I loved the class and plan on doing it again.

1 comment:

  1. "Wind Mills with some weird tube thing"? Will they be doing that at the Crossfit Games?

    ReplyDelete