Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Legs


Leg day, hip is better but the only real thing that bothers it is full range of motion, so instead of not squatting at all I'll just go to parallel, or the black bench.

Front Squats (to parallelish) - 5, 5, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3........135, 185, 205, 215, 225, 225, 225, 225

5 Rounds for time
10 Back Squats (to parallelish) - 205
15 Squats
Time: 14:00

Iso Leg Extension - 3xmax time at 110
Calf Raises - 300 (13, 12, 12)

I enjoyed getting a leg day in again, I don't like the limited range of motion though.  This was the depth I'd go to for years and made good progress, and I know I can still get a great leg workout so I shouldn't worry, when it heels it heels, at least I'm not bagging off leg training altogether like some would.  The front squats at 225 actually felt about as hard as they do when I go all the way down, weird, I must have trained my body into the full rom better.  Either way I didn't want to go for a true max today, just slowly work my way back in so keep the weights manageable.  Part 2 was tough after 8 sets of front squats, the heavier weight on the back squats means I had to rest a bit longer as to not do singles.  The air squats were hamstring to calf though, with no extra load I guess I can still go all the way down.  Good overall workout.

3 comments:

  1. I was doing my front squats while you were working on the back and air squats, so I wasn't really paying close attention to what you were doing. However, I could see you out of the corner of my eye during your air squats and there was a weird clicking noise whenever you hit the bottom of the movement. I hope that wasn't your joints because it didn't sound too comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh ya my knees click sometimes when I squat hamstring to calf, been happening for years, never hurts so I don't care about it.

    ReplyDelete