Monday, June 20, 2011

Full Body

Joshua Bridges
A new style of training I want to try, won't get into too much detail about it now as I want to see how it goes first and if my body can even handle it.  So it wont look like any of my other days, first day went and felt great though.

Bulgarian Split Squats - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5.......115, 135, 155, 155, 155(4)

Romanian Deadlifts - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6..........135, 185, 205, 225, 225

Power Clean and Split Jerk - 5x3.........135

Alternate Sets
Handstand Pushups - 3xmax reps......11, 8, 6
Wide-Grip Pullups - 3xmax reps........10, 8, 7

So clearly, and as the title indicates, this is a full body workout.  Will all my workouts be full body?  No, nor will they be any less frequent than my other training program, as I stated earlier this will be an experiment.  The BSS got heavy, normally I do them for sets of 3 but felt like sets of 5 today for whatever reason, amazing how only 2 more reps makes the weight you can handle much less.  The RDL's felt strong too, even 225 wasn't overly heavy for 6 reps, I'm keeping this exercise slow with increases, next workout I'll work up too 245.  The PC and SJ I wanted to focus on max bar speed at that weight, I didn't care about how high the poundages got I just wanted max speed, it felt good too I haven't done split jerks in a while.  The last part went well too, man do HSPU's drop, good workout.

5 comments:

  1. Not really sure, I like a change, the other style I still like and even if this new style does go well I'll probably go back to it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's your strategy for your programming? i.e. how do you decide which areas to work on each day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imma give this a weak or 2 then post about how I am actually laying it out, for now it may just look random but there is some thought behind it.

    I will tell ya though, training legs 2 days in a row feels....interesting lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting? Not the word I was thinking of! One day a week is plenty for me.

    ReplyDelete