Saturday, June 18, 2011

Conditioning


Today is conditioning day, and one of the dumbest ones I've had lately, not because of the workout but because of what I forgot, my water.  I was maybe 5 minutes from home, I could have easily driven back to grab my water but decided to stay out there and do it.  What made it dumb was that this was done outside in the middle a field with no shade and it the sun was beaming down on a hot day.  I am used to working out on a hot days, and without shade, but the lack of hydration made the workout almost dangerous, luckily I got through it and am ok now but I'm sure I'll catch some grief for this one, especially from the girlfriend, which I deserve.

4 Rounds for time
400 metre run
25 Kettlebell Swings - 24 kg
25 Jump Squats
Time: 23:33

See, the workout itself is nothing out of the ordinary, I am used to workouts like that, but I honestly felt the no consumption of water.  Also normally when I workout outside on hot days I will dump some of it on my head that seems to cool my body down, I think I missed that just as much.  I've gone on runs longer than this and was fine but it's the high intensity then short rests that these routines include that made me gasp for breathe, not recommended.  If I do this workout again I expect a nice time increase.

3 comments: