Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pulling


Pulling day, another old routine visited, and again slaughtered, one of the biggest differences.

Resistance Band Neutral Grip Pullups, green band - 4, 4, 4, 4, 4

Wide Grip Cable Row - 140(6, 6), 150 (5, 5, 5)

AMRAP in 12 minutes
3 Wide-Grip Pullups
5 Neutral Grip Pullups
Score - 11 Rounds plus 1 WGP

Incline Curls - 25s (10, 7, 6)
One and one half hamstring curls - 70 (6, 5, 5)

Last time I did the r-band pullups with the green I got 4, 3, 3, 3, so an extra set today and all sets were 4.  Last time it was after many sets of deadlifts, but still I am happy with that.  The amrap part I killed my old score, 7 rounds plus 2 NGP was what I got then, I checked my watch after the 8th round and I was at 8:10, so I knew it'd be a big difference.  Man I was slow back then, nearly a round a minute, first 2 rounds done in under a minute, next round took a whole minute, after that it was just over a minute a round hense the just under 12 rounds score.  Nice workout!

4 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to ask you - what's a hamstring curl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The machine that is 2 down from the leg extension.....

    I've also done swiss ball hamstring curls before, these look like this.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdv82EAUUTQ

    A nice compliment to the leg extension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I remember doing these with you a long time ago. Why do these on a pulling day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. same reason we do leg extensions on leg day. This particular pulling day didn't include it but most of my recent ones have some form of pullups, rows and deadlifts, the last working your erectors, traps, and hamstrings. So I throw the curls in as more of assistance exercise, plus with all the knee extension (leg extension) I do I need to balance it out with some knee flexion.

    Normally I'd throw it in on leg day, but my leg days technical name is quad dominant lower body pushing....and that doesn't include hamstring work.

    ReplyDelete