Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pushing


Pushing day, another pr too.  On a side note I have a new kind of soreness, the muscles that stabalize you in overhead pressing, squats, and deadlifts are sore today, very sore.  It's weird I don't think I've had this soreness before, must have been a combo on the front squats and my conditioning day prior to that.  Nothing that'll affect today but deadlifts tomorrow might not be wise.

Incline Rack Bench Press - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3..........170, 190, 210, 220, 230

Bench Press - 5x4........190

Single Arm DB Military Press - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5.........47, 50, 52, 55, 60(3)

Weighted Dips - 5, 5, 5, 5........55, 60, 65, 70

Flies/Bench Press Combo - 40s......7-5, 6-4, 5-3

Clearly a more strength day today.  Last time I went heavy on the incline rack bench press I just....and I mean just got 225, today 230 actually seemed to go up easier, every set was 5 pounds heavier.  The bench press went well, but without a spotter it'll be hard to fully progress, I should start asking so I can go right to failure on some sets.  Last time I did the overhead press one I stopped at 55, today 60 wasn't going to happen for 5, hopefully next time.  Haven't gone heavy on dips in a while but I like that one, last set was close to failure.  Overall a good strength day done during a client who cancelled last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment