Saturday, November 27, 2010

Free day

Pat Barber
Today was an interesting day, for more than one reason I should have taken a extra rest day.  My back was very sore from the workout on Thursday, and with my history with back injuries I was very aware of it.  Also I was recovering from a fever which I had Thursday night and most of Friday, either way I wanted to try a new exercise.

Rack Jerk - 3, 3, 3, 2, 2.......75, 95, 115, 135, 155

That's it, I'll be doing lots of stretching throughout the day to help my back but that was it for weights.  Rack jerks are like a push jerk but you start on your back as if you were doing a back squat.  Because lowering the weight to my neck was less than comfortable I may do singles of this exercise when I decide to do it again.  The bar moved fast even on the last set, but I could feel my back acting up so I decided to stop there and rest.  The weight was light, I another exercise where if I were to go for max weight I'd need bumper plates.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, My name is Bogdan from Romania!
    My blog address is: http://bogdanstelistul.blogspot.com/
    Can we be friends??
    Thank you!!
    For those who do not understand use Google Translate.
    You can make LinkExchange or add me to your list of blogs. Said in a comment !!! THANK YOU !!!

    ReplyDelete