Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pushing

Mikko Salo
Todays workout was all pushing exercises, decided to start with some heavy overheard work.

Dumbbell Military Press - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3.........50s, 55s, 60s, 65s, 65s(2)

Dumbbell Push Jerk - 20 reps with the 65s

AMRAP in 12 minutes;
10 Hammer Strength Bench Press - 90 (45 per side)
10 Pushups
6 Rounds plus 10 HSBP

Reverse Grip Pushdowns - 3x10.........70 on all 3 sets

The dumbbell military press got heavy, I just barely got 2 on the last set, it felt good though.  My stability on the DB push jerk was shakey because I haven't really gone heavier than the 50s (using 2 DB's that is) but I got it down pretty quick and was able to drive the DB's overheard with no lockouts, 20 reps broke down to 4 sets.  The AMRAP started unbroken, that didn't last long at all, I don't usually use the Hammer Strength but sometimes I feel it's ok to throw it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment