Thursday, July 9, 2015

Legs + random


Day number 4, it will start with a leg exercise, something different than day 2, and end with random stuff, most likely will include some form of weighted carry, jumping, prowler, or some combination there of.

Tabata Hip Thrusts from floor, holding top position during 10 second rest period
59 total reps

Superset
Prowler Drag (set 1 with 180, next 3 sets with 270)
Overhead Carry length of gym - 100 lbs (4 sets)

TRX Side Jumps - 3x8 (per leg)
5 Box Jumps at 37 inches

Deadbug - 3x10

That was kind of fun.  I knew I wanted to do hip thrusts today, but my back was so sore from the deadlifts (in an awesome way) that I decided to a burner I got from online.  Boy did it ever burn, different than the hip thrusts off the bench, but still in the hips and parts of the glutes.  The first superset, dragging the prowler without the waist belt burns the grip more than the legs, which is what I was going for.  The overhead carry was shakey but I'll need to go heavier next time, still not easy.  The next superset was harder, the side jumps on the TRX were really tough, got my legs and lungs going, made them feel heavy for the box jumps.  Fun to have a different challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment