Thursday, June 12, 2014

Legs


The gym was muggy so I knew I'd sweat.  I also wanted to try power cleans very lightly to see how they feel.

Power Cleans (resetting)
95x5
then 3x5 at 135

Prowler Sprints (1 set is there and back)
180x1 set
270x1 set
270x1 set

80 Travelling Lunges with 50 lbs on back in 4:46 (40 per leg)

The cleans felt good, I'm not about to rush into that one, as the explosive movements will take longer, 135, however, felt pretty easy.  The prowler sprints are different than how I usually do the prowler, simple, you run with it, or simply move as fast as possible.  My lungs and legs burned like crazy.  The last thing, the lunges were random and made up on the spot.  I put 50 pounds on my back for lunges (which is light) and did 80 in a row, so essentially a 5 minute set of lunges.....holy hell.  I was hoping to not need to set the bar down and I didn't, but that one hurt but felt awesome....oh how I missed this!


No comments:

Post a Comment