Saturday, December 21, 2013

Deadlifts


I call this workout angry deadlift day.  Hadn't really planned on working out, but a bad mood made me want to lift heavy shit, just do one lift today.

Sumo Deadlifts (resetting)
135x10 (only touch and go set)
225x5
275x3
315x3
365x2
402x1 (failed second attempt)
405x2 (that was a grind)

The bad mood turned around.  I wanted two reps at 405 when I started knowing it would be a huge stretch.  I did this workout in the studio with other trainers, the first attempt at 405 for a double I failed the second rep, the bar maybe moved an inch.  Mad I figured I'd leave disappointed, but Brett then asked me if I was going to try again, which I rarely do after a failed pr attempt.  I figured why not, and went to the bar with determination.  After the first rep, Bryan turned around and shouted at me, I hadn't announced I was going for a double but I think he saw my failed attempt.  His shouts actually seemed to help, and rep number two went up with a grunt.  A high five and congrats from the other trainers, my mood felt great.  Funny how lifting heavy stuff can do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment