Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Legs


Decided to try some deadlifts with a decent load again, haven't really done any since my back injury so decided to use the trap bar.

Trap Bar Deadlifts (all resetting aside from warmups)
warm up - 150....2x10
work sets
240x5
290x5
330x5
330x5

Travelling Lunges - 3x10.....115

Back Squats (hamstring to calf) - 3x15.....135

Painful leg day, but I am very happy with those trap bar deadlifts.  The one weighs 60 pounds and is a bit smaller than the one at my old club so it was a bit different but I still liked it, felt it in all the right areas.  The lunges were to make sure my body knew I could still do the 115 pre-loaded barbell (heaviest one) for 3 sets of 10 per leg.  The back squats were painful, high reps squats always are, I literally just walked to the barbell with 135 and started my set, I warmed up enough.  I think this one will make me sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment