Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Legs ish

What did you notice first?
Upon arriving to the gym, Eric, one of the fellow trainers asked me if I wanted to do some outside conditioning.  While that doesn't really fit in on leg day I did agree, I wanted to lift something heavy first, as he needed another 15 minutes or so, so I picked sumo deadlifts.

Sumo Deadlifts (all resetting)
225x5
275x5
325x5
375x3

Eric Conditioning routine
100 Double Unders
Sprint (maybe 100 total metres or so)
75 double unders
sprint
50 double unders
sprint
25 double unders
sprint

Of course we did this on a scorching hot day, and I forgot my water inside, and there was no shade anywhere.  It was tough, the double unders tripped me up a lot as I fatigued, and the sprint became an awkward looking jog.  My wrists hurt, as well as my calves, but my lungs were pounding out of my chest, I was seeing stars by the end, but that may have also been the heats fault.  I didn't time it I just went as fast as possible, Eric did beat me.  The deadlifts on the other hand made me quite happy, I know 365 is my 5 rep max, (there's a video of it on youtube), but that was touch and go which makes a big difference, plus at the peak of my strength phase.  375 when resetting is good, I have continued my slow and steady gains since my long rut and plateau, at least it feels like I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment