Saturday, January 25, 2014

Legs


Yesterday I went to get my knee checked out, the guy I go I trust very much, and he said my knee cap isn't tracking properly and my one quad and glute muscle isn't firing properly, the more he talked the more it made sense.  I got some rehab stuff to do but he also gave the happy news that I can still do my regular leg training on top of it, of course listening to my body.

Prowler drags (drag backwards and forwards)
270x1 set
360x1 set
360x1 set

LB Back Squats
warmup
135x5
135x5
work sets
185x5
225x5
245x5
275x5

Hip Thrusts
135x10
155x10
165x10

That prowler combo was a burner, you drag it backwards (which I have done several time) and then drag it facing forwards.  This time I went right into the drags forwards, which were faster but really fired up my quads, calves and glutes, it was the first time trying it that way and really affected how much weight I could use overall.  The back squats went great, last week I did 275 for a triple and that felt like it was my last, this time the third felt smooth so I went for a 4th, hard but still felt I had a 5th and I did.  Good feeling workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment